To Install the Driver
- Place the product CD-ROM for the GlobalSat GPS BU-353 into the optical disc drive of your computer.
Note: Click here if you need to download a replacement copy of the setup CD-ROM or if your computer does not have an optical disc drive.
- The setup for the driver will run automatically. If not, browse the disc or download and double-click the PL-2303 Driver Installer.exe file located in the Win\USB Driver folder to run it.
- Select WINDOWS USB Driver in the window that comes up.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
Note: If the User Account Control window asks if you want to make changes to your computer say Yes.
- After the installation successfully completes click Finish, remove the product CD-ROM from your computer and store it for safekeeping.
- Plug in the GlobalSat GPS BU-353 to a USB port in your computer.
- Click Start , type device manager in the Search box, and then press Enter.
Note: If you are using Windows XP go to the Control Panel and select System Hardware Device Manager.
- Click the arrow next to Ports (Com & LPT) to expand it.
- Write down or note the COM port number assigned to Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port.
- Open the DeLorme software application.
- Choose Options and then the GPS tab.
- Select Generic NMEA for the device and the COM port shown in step 4.
Note: If the COM port from step 4 is not listed, restart the DeLorme application and try again.
- Click OK and then choose to start the GPS within the application.